The Only Smoothie Recipe You Need
Posted on May 02 2016
The Trick to a great smoothie is frozen banana it creates a beautiful smooth and dreamy texture.
Quick & Easy Smoothies are a great way to add nutritious ingredients like omega-3 essential oils, flax, and protein.
Basic Smoothie: You can transform this recipe by choosing different fruits and liquids that suit your personal nutritional needs.
Protein Powder: I have tried just about everything out there and the Winner is; Jay Robb Whey Protein. Sweetened with a hint of Stevia, made without GMO or rBGh, and Whey sourced from Grass Fed Cows. No chakly or weird play-dough after taste.
Another Optional Ingredient to try is: Omega-# Essential Fatty Acids: They can only obtained through diet and are vital for:
- Formation of healthy cell membranes
- Proper development and functioning of the brain and nervous system
- Proper thyroid and adrenal activity
- Hormone production
- Regulation of blood pressure, liver function, immune and inflammatory responses
- Regulation of blood clotting: Omega-6 FAs encourage blood clot formation, whereas Omega-3 oil reduces clotting. The ideal is to achieve a balance between omega-6 and omega-3 FAs
- Crucial for the transport and breakdown of cholesterol
- Support healthy skin and hair
Add a Liquid Omega Supplements to your smoothie and No One will be the wiser!
Keep in mind however, that not all Omega-3 supplements are created equal. Make sure that they come from a reputable source.
Try Barlean's Organic Omega Twin:
Additional Ingredients like: Flax Seeds, and Chia seeds add fiber and protein as well as multitude of other nutritional supplements. I suggest starting with the basic Smoothie Recipe and going from there.